What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, January 12, 2006

BLAH!

Grump Grump Grump.

Corynn is sick. I am sick. I thought we were done and over with it all two days ago when Corynn started feeling, acting, and looking better. Boy was I wrong. Last night I didn't get any sleep. Corynn was up coughing so much last night-I gave her medicine but still she coughed. Right about the time I was about to get up, lay a blanket on the floor of the bathroom with the hot shower running-she finally fell back asleep. I was saved from a night on the bathroom floor, but not saved from a night of lack of sleep. My throat hurt so I sucked on Halls in bed and I was exhausted-but Matt kept turning and wiggling and taking the covers away so I got no sleep at all. I woke up with (and still have) an excrutiating headache. I was hoping since Corynn was so awful last night, she would be just as tired and ready to be lazy in bed as I am-but NO! She is the same perky girl as any other day. I just want to sleep.

I know a vaporizer would help Corynn-but ours is at Gary and Linda's-never got moved I guess. So we will have to wait. Elizabeth is probably groaning out loud by now-since we were over to her house last night for homemade pizza night. I swear-I had no idea sickness lingered. Corynn seemed BETTER and I was fine...until bedtime. Please don't hate me!

The sun is shining in a beautiful way outside-and if it was anything like yesterday probably nearly 50 degrees out. I can't bring myself to go outside, though the fresh air would no doubt do me good. But-I can't hardly bring myself to sit or stand erect. So-today will probably pass by without a notice.

I need to go uptown to do banking, get that vaporizer, and go to the post office for some 39cent stamps. Another day perhaps.

2 comments:

Full of Grace said...

I don't hate you at all- how were you to know?? Besides, I've been up with Samuel the last 2 nights ALOT and I even took him to the DR yesterday because he spent afternoon nap yesterday screaming in his "pain" screams. He didn't want to nurse or eat. They couldn't find anything "wrong" with him, But I know he had a bad tummy ache because he threw at 1:30 this am, and it took a good long time to get him settled, he kept wriggling in discomfort.
So, I too have been suffering lack of sleep, just not by any fault of my own (and unfortunately I've been more snappy/ short with Bob)
:(
On a side note, I have a vaporizer you can borrow until you can get out to Gary and Linda's house. Our house is much closer to get to when you aren't feeling good- but since it is Friday, and Matt often goes there on the weekends, you wouldn't have to wait too long to get your own. In any case, if you need it, just let me know!
I hope you got better sleep last night and are feeling better too! :)

Rebecca said...

Thanks Elizabeth-for NOT hating me...AND for offering your vaporizer. You are right though. We are probably going to head to G&L's tonight so I won't need yours...

Sorry Samuel was up so much. I wonder what he has? A stomach bug? Or maybe he threw up because of flem dripping in his throat? If it is a stomach related thing-at least I have the assurance WE didn't give it to him! :-)