What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, September 24, 2007

Company, Past and present



This weekend was fun. John (my hubby's twin) and his wife Holly came down for a visit. It is always fun to have people visit. We jam packed our weekend, and had a good time of it. Before they came I was bustling about in preparations but I somehow managed to get it all done a few hours before they arrived. And I hated it. I had all sorts of stuff to do-and then nothing at all. Couldn't start a project if they were to arrive any minute. Couldn't relax. Matt filled up that waiting-in-expectation downtime with reading.



This is what he was reading.



And I did what I always do, take pictures. It worked out splendidly and before we knew it, they were here.

Now that they have left, it is undo and redo the house because guess what? My parents-in-law are coming on Wednesday for a visit and will stay a few days! They haven't seen the kids in a while-and haven't had the opportunity to hand out some Little Miss birthday presents just yet, so I KNOW their visit will be creating more than a LITTLE bit of excitement! ;-)

Among the other visiting, ROOFERS are coming this week to put a new roof on the house! So-when all the rest of the world is beginning to decorate for fall-I will be clearing our patio up of all its decorations/finery. Ick. No fun at all. Hopefully, once the roof job is complete, I will make up for lost time with avengence! :-)

I can't believe we are heading into another winter at this house. I didn't think it was possible. I remember how certain I was we were going to be 'kicked out' with the spring...and here we are, redding ourselves up for winter! Craziness.

As pathetic as this is, THAT is all the post I have time for today.

Tonight's supper is taco salad-soon to appear at Kitchen Riches. Yum.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Have a wonderful week with your company, Rebecca!! I love the pictures of your walk...just beautiful!
Kelli

LBP said...

What fun it is to ready our homes for company! I love to do that.

The photos of your families walk are beautful.

By the way, when my son called me at work to check in from school (he's 15) he asked if we could have something with chicken and noodles for supper. So, I made your Summer Chicken Alfredo and what a hit it was! We all loved it. Definitely a keeper in our family.

Rebecca said...

Ooooh-I am so glad you liked it LBP.

Redding my house for company IS fun-and always makes me a bit thankful too...because it forces me to do a good job cleaning (when I would rather be doing something more fun! hehehe)

Full of Grace said...

I love these photos of Matt- They capture the essence of him!