What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, September 27, 2007

The funny things I do...



Yesterday morning, after hopping out of the shower, I noticed how MAGNIFICENT the sun was as it was rising. I had already plopped the kids down to eat their breakfast so I quick THREW on some clothes-mismatched and all-and ran outside with my camera.

Anyone knows that the sun can change its look ENTIRELY within a moments time.

Here I am, running barefoot, mismatched clothes with a bright coral towel still wrapped upon my head, camera bopping along with me...down the lane beside my house in order to get the trees out of the way. It was a sight, let me tell you. But it was worth it for the sight that I beheld.


It really was SO very beautiful.


After I took a fair amount of photos, I decided it was time to head home. After all, the kids were still eating their breakfasts and I had to ship-shape up before my parents-in-law arrived.

I was briskly walking back to the house, in the same shape as when I had left (though now the tightly wrapped towel had become disheveled and lopsided), when I noticed a van in the driveway and half a dozen or so Amish men blocking every entrance into my home.

The roofers had decided to work that day. and I decided to look like an idiot.

In truth, I do that quite often-but most times I don't get caught.



So-THAT was fun....
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tracy said...

The pictures are gorgeous, as always. You ARE funny. I'm sure the amish men didn't think a thing of it, either.

Anonymous said...

That is great! Lol!

Chrissy

Full of Grace said...

I love them all, but I love the silouettes of the wheat the best!

Mrs. H said...

Your pictures are always beautiful! Hope you're having a wonderful week.


Mrs.H