What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Olden Days



One of the highlights of the trip was visiting one of my childhood homes and our 'adopted' grandmothers, our neighbor Mrs. Ort. I have such fond memories of this dear woman. She attended Grandparents' Day at school with us when distance kept our blood relatives away. I used to think of Mrs. Ort as a queen. She loved glitz and glam (I think I might have gottan my love for those things from her, perhaps...) and was known to wear sparkle rings as big as cherries. She always smelled of her favorite perfume-and her home smelled the same.

Though it has been nearly a dozen years later, when the door was opened, that same wonderfully familiar smell danced around my nose and I was taken back to those many years ago. She hasn't changed one bit. She doesn't look a day older than I remember her so long ago. She is amazing and I will always love her.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Full of Grace said...

I'm glad you got to see Mrs. Ort, and get a picture with her!!! That was very special :)