What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Wee One



I am ever so thankful for my Panda. The changeling that is turning into a boy before my very eyes. Because the Lord hasn't given me a wee one to replace him, I am holding on tighter to these precious few last moments I have of his babyhood.



The eye rubs of babies, as they fight with their entire beings the inevitable rest after a hard day at play.



Eskimo Kisses, they are plentious.



And for all of these, too.

Babies grow too quickly, and speed through stage after stage after stage without looking back. The stage my Panda is in now, is the Mama's boy stage. He needs me near to be confident and assured. I know this stage will be shortlived, and soon enough it will be hard enough just getting a cuddle in here and there. But I like that he needs me so much right now. He clings to me and I can't help but wonder if the Lord made it so because I cling to him as well. He may be my second, he may be my last. Either way-right here and now, he is my only baby and I MUST enjoy this stage before it too, disappears into memoryville.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

He's so sweet. And it's true, how fast they grow. I can't believe my oldest is 25. But it's all that loving and cuddling they start with that helps them get through the tough times. You can never, ever get enough hugs and Eskimo kisses!