What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, January 28, 2008

Doodle DO!




Lots of movies, cuddles and reading to fill the hours. The original Peter Pan is the chapter book in progress. We have been reading a chapter or two a night (and any other time Corynn succeeds in convincing me to open its pages throughout the day...), we have the story on audiobook that we occasionally listen to in the car (when I don't want to think up a story from my head) and we watched the movie Peter Pan (not the cartoon). My throat is raspy from being the villanous pirate Hook and I have heard about enough Doodle Do's to last a lifetime!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Andie said...

A love of reading is a WONDERFUL gift to give your children. We are in the middle of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader which is the third book in the Chronicles of Narnia. My kids LOVE it! This is one way I get them to help out with chores, every time we cross something off of our 'to-do' list, we get to read a chapter! Works for us!
Blessings-Andie

Abigail said...

Thanks for the heads-up about doodle-do. :) We have plans to read Peter Pan but are still slugging through the Little House books. I'm also reading through the Chronicles of Narnia with Millie and Annie (not enough pictures to satisfy Little Miss Susannah), and Annie has re-named her doll, yet again, as Split-Pea-Soup Chronicles-of-Yarnia. She must think it's a land full o' yarn.

You all look so snuggly and cheerful in these two pictures that I wouldn't know how miserable you were if not for the previous post. Three cheers for Peter Pan's distracting magic!

Rebecca said...

Funny~I just got a read-aloud version of the first book...The Magician's Nephew (I think it is...) That may be our next one after this. We shall see! ;-)