What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, January 14, 2008

Y.U.M



The weekend is now over and the house is empty. :-( The past weekend we had Matt's parents come to visit and then, as an extra special surprise, Nathan (his brother) and his wife Julie came out too! It was like a family reunion! So much fun!

Card games, board games, ghost stories, shopping, good food visiting~ a wonderfully fun weekend.

Our fridge is FILLED with leftovers...here was the weekends' menu.

Friday night: I served a huge bowl of salad and encircled it with little bowls of "options". Croutons, Raisins, Sesame seeds, black olives, Cheese, hot peppers, pickles, Doritos, BBQ chicken bits, etc.



Along with the salad 'bar' was a soup bar. Two soups, with Italian Herb bread bowls.



It was a good meal for people driving in.



For Saturday: Breakfast~ French Toast
Lunch~ Homemade Pizzas
Dinner~ Lasagna and sides

For Sunday: Breakfast~ Quiche

After breakfast, our company left. So, you see, LOTS of leftovers! I thought, with all this talk of food, I ought to finally get all the recipes piling up written over on my food blog. Which I did. Tonight. So please, make my time worthwhile and go to Kitchen Riches-check out the recipes posted there. Try them out. Then tell me if you like them!

Thank you and Goodnight.
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely table. The meal looks wonderful. This is the type meal I like to fix when my children visit. Love your blog.

Unknown said...

I love feeding people, and always overcater, too. It must be a genetic thing!

Full of Grace said...

Soup and Salad, boy i wish I could come to your house, that sounds PERFECT! I was looking at your photo and it was making my tummy rumble :) Wouldn't it be nice if sometime soon we could plan a trip up to see you? I sure could use some "Rebecca time" although you may differ in your opinion, having our whole houseful there :)

Andie said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. What fun, and such yummy food!

BTW...on the flickr thing, you have my blog listed as a email addy, it's
www.prochnowblessings.blogspot.com

Sorry for the mixup. Thanks! :-)

Blessings-Andie

Rebecca said...

I would TOTALLY LOVE that, Elizabeth. Frankly, I think it is mean and cruel of you to even suggest it without follow through. You tease. ;-)

Andie~I don't know how that happened! But I fixed it and I thank you for letting me know about it!

Liana said...

What kind of soups did you make?
We're BIG soup eaters - I think the one must be cheese broccoli soup - but what about the tomato-base one?

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so great! And what a wonderful idea with the bread bowls! If you have any free time...would you mind sharing the recipe? :):):)

Rebecca said...

Liana~ I am a big soup person. The problem is, I think the best soups are made by 'a little of this, a little of that' so my soups end up being sort of "Everything but the kitchen sink type soups.

The one was cheesy broccoli and potatoes. The other was a sort of tomato/ ministrone/ etc.
I used leftovers from spagetti and BBQ beef then added veggies and spices.

It is hard for me to make recipes for soups, because, as you can see, I utilize all the leftovers I can so no soup ever turns out the same.

Little Lady Boutique~I'll definately add the recipe. Everyone raved over them here, so they will show up pretty soon! :-)

Liana said...

I hear ya - I often don't have recipes for my soups either - it just looks yummy.
I DO, however, have a "recipe" (Sorta, LOL) for my ministrone soup - that has spinich in it. I didn't think I could get my husband to eat it, but he LOVES it!
Maybe sometime I should post some recipes (I'm currently a blog-slacker!)
But, in the meantime, I think I'll try your bread bowls - they look yummy too!

Mom2fur said...

Oh, my gosh, that looks amazing! I honestly thought you'd taken a picture in a restaurant!

Terri said...

That looks wonderful, Rebecca! I love the bread bowls. I'm definitely going to have to go over and check out the recipes.

Terri

Anonymous said...

i love making those bread bowls! Ahh you make me miss my kitchen. i cant wait till its finished to try some of your yummy recipes.

Full of Grace said...

Actually, I wasn't teasing, dreaming yes, hopeful yes, but not joking. I'd love to be able to come out for a weekend visit..We will see if we can work it out!

Abigail said...

The food alone would be worth a visit, though, of course, the company of you and yours would be the highlight...