What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thunder Cake



It's raining cats and dogs here. And was yesterday. And will be tomorrow. And, come to think of it, the day after that.

This rain is preventing me from finishing off the top layer of the garden(s) which makes me simultaneously happy and sad.

Sad, because I'd like to get this garden planted already.

Happy, because every muscle in my body is throbbing and crying out for mercy from working in the garden the last few days.

So, you'll have to wait for the next installment of the Lasagna garden update until I actually get to finish the layers.

In the meantime, I might as well get caught up a bit on the piles of files that need to be blogged before they drown me completely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last thunder and lighting storm we had, last week, we made ourselves some Thundercakes after reading the book, which were actually just blueberry zucchini breads NAMED thundercakes. We also made some raindrops, using mini muffin tins.

I post this photo not because I want to highlight my much-too thick waste (I'm WORKIN' on it already) but rather, to remember forever that my boy props himself up on those shelves every.single.time.I.am.cooking.

Always ready to help, he is my kitchen sidekick. And I LOVE that about him.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Your kitchen is so darling! I love country style kitchens, they're so inviting.
What a cutie little man you've got there. :)
xoxo Caroline

Terri said...

I love the picture of Andrew clinging to the shelf with his toes! It reminds me of my daughter, Emily and how she would do things like that when she was little.

Quinne said...

Hi Rebecca :) So many, many precious pics here, but I love this one of you and your sweetie little man! Love & hugs, Q