What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Sunny Boy

 Speaking of friends and babies... 

I threw a little baby shower for my friend Abby and her womb baby one afternoon after church.

Because I am of the opinion that 10th babies are as marvelous as first babies.

Sunny or Sunbeam, as the baby was nicknamed, was due just a week or two later.

Naturally, the nickname made a theme pretty straightforward.  






I couldn't believe that I still had chamomile and russian sage to fill in and round out bouquets of yellow, even into November.   What a remarkable year.

My friend is so lovely.  (And the little snitchers in the background are funny.)  




Turns out, Sunny was a BOY all along, and a pretty marvelous one!  

God is good to give a sunshine boy to this world of shadows.  

5 comments:

Sharon said...

You do everything so beautifully Rebecca!

Rozy Lass said...

You are absolutely correct--a tenth baby is just as special as a first! My mom was #12 of 15. Your creativity is wonderful, thanks for sharing.

Abigail said...

THANK YOU! I laughed out loud reading your opening sentences. Earlier this week, I wrote you a thank you note to deliver on Sunday, and in it I wrote my gratitude for people who know that a tenth baby is just as much a wonder as a first baby. And you do! Thank you for that. It is a gift all by itself to have Newman-chums who fully rejoice with us for a new life.

The shower was beautiful and perfect, and we felt (and are) so loved. May God heap blessings in return upon you!

p.s. I need-- yes, NEED-- the recipe for those lemon crinkle cookies. The first bite solidly hooked me!

p.p.s. I think I look like I'm in the beginning stages of labor in that first picture. I wasn't. ;)

Abigail said...

p.p.p.s. Lark and Ineke look like sisters in that first picture! Twin furies, twin towers of mischief, twin dears. :)

dw90582 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.