What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, March 08, 2021

A 'Lil Buck Baby Shower

There were all sorts of jokes, at the beginning of COVID lockdowns, that there would be a boom of 'covid babies' next year... and my sister can assure you, it ain't no joke!

I got the distinct pleasure of finding out FIRST that Elizabeth was pregnant because she read the test while on the phone with me.  (Now SHE knows that I know that she pees when we chat on the phone.  Just sayin'.)  I won't tell you exactly what she said but suffice it to say, there was a fair amount of shock and awe.

And I was LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY for the rest of the phone call!

Not to make fun of her, by no means-  out of sheer and utter joy!

God is so good.  He so often takes our meager and feeble offerings of faith and returns to us overwhelming and staggeringly unimaginable blessings.  And I couldn't quite keep the giggles and joy from bubbling out.

Elizabeth named her womb baby 'Lil Buck. 

Let me tell you, having deer and antler obsessed boys made party decorations a breeze.  Also- plenty of leftover Christmas decorations and a few white party hanging things (of MANY!) leftover from the community-baby-shower-that-never-was. *sniff*


Don't think for a minute she is just innocently standing there... she has ONE thing on her mind.
These probably look like just little white blobs, but they are supposed to be mushrooms.  For all the time those tedious buggers take, you need to know what they are!  ;-)


My niece Christiana made beautiful cupcakes with woodland creatures on top- which are what those empty dishes are waiting for.  Sadly, people started showing up when the cupcakes arrived so I was bustling about and never got a picture of them!  



For the favors, I made bars of soap for people to take home.  From Elizabeth's shower to theirs!  How punny!

A little embroidered hedgehog and crochet bonnet I whipped up cough, cough the night before.  Thank you Amazon Prime, for 2 day shipping that little romper when I decided what to give her at the very.last.minute.

For those of you who do not know Elizabeth, these next pictures of gift opening may be tedious but I include them all here because she just looks so joyful and happy!  What a pleasure to witness.









 Alrighty 'Lil Buck!  She is ready for you!  And so are we....

3 comments:

Miranda Hupp said...

How exciting!

Full of Grace said...

Just so you know that was the ONLY time I've peed when on the phone, but i REALLY had to go, like right then so I figured it would be the best time as any to take a test since no one was around but you ( and you know how hard THAT is when you have a big family) ;) just saying too ;) thank you for ALL of your hard work, the shower was so lovely and absolutely perfect and lil
buck is already so very loved. And thank you for these photos ☺I will be snagging them for his album 😄 love you sister and love your big giving heart 💗I couldn't ask for a better sister and that's a fact.

Abigail said...

She looks so beautiful!

And, as always, you hosted a lovely gathering.