What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, March 29, 2021

Cousins

While the newest cousin was coming into the world, the rest of the cousins (*almost*) came to our house to hang out for the day.

Moses has a playmate almost exactly his age.  It was a lot of fun for him to have Nevaeh around and they took turns and shared like regular chums.  There were a few moments throughout the day where bittersweet thoughts choked me up, thinking silly thoughts about how this felt a lot like what life should have been like with the twinnies and how I missed a life I never really had to begin with.  

Funny, that.






Who's that determined little waif?



It was a glorious day!  Warm!  Sunny!  Muddy!  Delightful! And the crocuses were in bloom, just in time to garnish some delicious mud and sand pies...












And then, little Wyatt entered the world!

Due to CoViD restrictions, I couldn't visit at the hospital so it took an excruciatingly long FIVE WHOLE DAYS to meet him!





I may or may not have asked Matt if we could make a baby when I got home.


My Mom came to meet him too...


And look at that happy Mama!  


Looking good, Elizabeth! Well done, you.


 Welcome to the world baby Wyatt.  You really are a deer dear.

6 comments:

Rozy Lass said...

Precious! What fun to have cousins to play with too. Our children rarely had that. (I married so late, and the cousins are all so much older.) I can sure understand being baby hungry--I'm 63 and STILL think I want more children. I think it is a God given desire that we'll understand better when we return to our heavenly home. (Wouldn't it be cool to have angel babies for eternity!)

Els said...

What lovely pictures! And congratulations to Elizabeth and Bob!!!
From Els

Ulli said...

What beautiful children! Congrats to the new parents, and welcome sweet Wyatt. Love the picture with one eye opened. Life is good!

Abigail said...

Hurrah! I've been wanting to see these! Elizabeth is beaming, and Wyatt is beautiful in his small perfection. Congratulations to Bob & Elizabeth & Co.!

Leah said...

I'm so glad sweet Wyatt arrived safely! Congratulations, Bob and Elizabeth!!! <3

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.