What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, March 26, 2021

It's EEtza Night (as Ineke used to say)

Friday nights at our house look a lot like this:

Not because you care, but because I am self-conscious about my pizza crusts: those two pizzas in front are keto pizzas which is why they are as flat as pancakes.  My regular pizza dough makes beautiful crusts.  And now you know I have a pizza crust pride issue.

 Happy weekend, folks!

5 comments:

Sandy Lawrence said...

Those look just lovely! Have you found a good keto pizza base recipe? I feel so sad about most of them;-)

Angela said...

I don't have success with pizza dough except for one time when I winged it using bread flour and it was perfect and I never replicated it again.

Rebecca said...

Sandy- when I am feeling motivated (and have extra time and cheese) I use a recipe for 'fathead dough' which you can find all over the internet. When I am in a rush or sick of working so hard to eat right, I use Mission carb balance tortillas for the base.

But keto pizza could never compare to REAL pizza. And that's the truth!

Angela- the secret is a weekly pizza night over decades. Eventually, the pizza turns out pretty good! ;-)

Abigail said...

Yum. And then I fed Andrew & Corynn pizza on Saturday night, too, ha!

(But can there be too much pizza? We had leftovers on Sunday, and then made homemade pizza for guests on Monday, followed by homemade pizza leftovers on Tuesday. Four days in a row, and, seeing these pictures, I still want some for lunch now!)

Leah said...

Yum! I could eat pizza every day of the week! Thank you for sharing the keto pizza dough info. I've been eating very well since I saw you last and I'm motivated to keep it up!