What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, March 31, 2008

Bunkin



Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

As arrows are in the hands of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.



Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them:they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Select verses from Psalm 127, our wedding psalm





In my human-ness, I often find it frustrating when I don't know what the future will hold and never more so than when I hope, long for, and wonder if more children will be given to us to love. It is difficult to find a balance in joy and hope, contentment and longing, satisfaction and desire and this has been the quiet struggle that has occupied my thoughts for many months. Yet, it seems, while my fervent prayers for new life seemed to be unanswered, in the quiet and darkness of my body the Lord was knitting together a new life, even as I spoke to him my petitions. He was quietly granting me my most heartfelt longing, even while the words poured from my heart.

A tiny child, a predestined soul, a beating heart, perfectly formed toes the size of a pinhead, joy in a tangible form, a promise of the future-all wrapped up in the tiny being tucked snugly in my womb.

Though my belly shows no signs of a babe within, though my pregnancies never really have symptoms, and life goes on as usual on the outside: I wake up each morning with my hand having rested subconsciously on my belly, covering Bunkin with what bit of love I can share. I find myself singing and humming more so now than ever before, knowing that each utterance in word and in song is serenading my Bunkin, even when no one else can hear.

It is an indescribable joy, made even more so upon the heels of doubt and insecurities of whether or not the Lord would give us more children. It is much sweeter and more obviously His plan, to have been given the time of waiting. I might not have said that several weeks ago, before I knew, but most assuredly I can attest to it now.

We are elated to know, and share, the news with all those who will share in our joy.

~~~~~~~~~~


When I found out, I went straight to the store and bought an arrow and presented it to Matt, saying "I got you a present. Another arrow for your quiver." It was a surprising and joy-filled look he returned to me, maybe with a hint of disbelief added too! :-)

Matt told Corynn that God had answered our prayers and we were going to have another baby. At that, Corynn's face brightened as she gasped, then said, "When? Tomorrow morning?!?"

When Panda was told: He stared blankly with drool running down his chin. Typical man. ;-)

I told the GRANDPARENTS by making puzzlecards and mailing them. They had to put them together in order to figure out the 'clue'. Some were more obvious than others! hehe



~~~~~~~~~~

I don't usually go to the doctor's right away, so I am uncertain of a due date. In fact, the false positive that I wrote about awhile back-I think was actually a false NEGATIVE. Depending upon that, our Bunkin will arrive either in November or December. Whatever the month, whatever the gender, we already have names picked out. We just need to wait patiently until the time when Bunkin is to arrive.

And now you know!


46 comments:

Full of Grace said...

I am happy to be the first one to congratulate you on here, since usually I am one of the last ones. I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU- Praising God and Thanking Him for your newest blessing! :) Love Ya, Your Sis!

Michelle said...

Congratulations, Rebecca! I stayed home from church with a nasty stomach bug yesterday, but Dave brought home the good news via your mama.

It really brightened my day. :)

I am so, so happy for you guys.

Praying for a healty pregnancy!

Terri said...

Whoo Hoo!!!! Congratulations! That is wonderful news. :-)

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,

Your mom shared the wonderfully joyous news with me yesterday at church!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! We are so very excited for you and your family!!! Praise the Lord!!!

We don't go to the midwife right away either. In fact, my first appointment isn't until April 28th. I'll be almost 13 weeks then. :)

Tracy said...

Rebecca,
My heart is soaring with yours! I know the joy that you are feeling, and I can only imagine the rejoicing going on in your home!

What a neat way to tell Matt! You are so clever! Praise the LORD!!!!

Mandie said...

Ahhhhhh! Praise the Lord! Wooohooo for number 3! I'm so happy for you I'm practically dancing! Be sure to update us with the due date! Kisses to your kiddos!

Love love love, Mandie

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Thats wonderful. I love creative ways to tell the parents a new blessing in in the making. We did shirts with handprints on them last time. My youngest had "im the big sister" on it and some got it right away. My grandma thought I was a tard and made a typo. LOL I bet you will have some wonderful helpers. It is so much fun including the older ones. NOw when I babysite my 6 yrs old acts like he is the expert! and wants to hold, feed and make sure the little ones are being gentle, LOL
~SO excited for you! Having a child give me that extra reminder of how much our God loves us. The love for our children is so huge, it makes me remember how much we are loved.
:) LIndsey

Ann'Re said...

What blessed news! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,

Congratulations! What a ray of sunshine on what is a cold rainy day here (we were spoiled by such nice weather last week!)!!

Thoughts and prayers for a wonderful and smooth pregnancy!

Melissa

Mrs. Hurzeler said...

Congratulations! I know we have talked about babies before and I know how hard it was for you to consider not getting the dozen you longed for when you were little but I am so pleased that you are going to bring another little, super cute, life into this world. God Bless you and your family.
Carrie

Alison B. said...

wahooooo!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your wonderful news! Winter babies are wonderful! -Gretchen

Wendy said...

How exciting Rebecca!!! I have not seen the blogs in weeks, and this post was so nice to see! I will be thinking about you and your growing family!

Mrs. MK said...

I am so happy for you, Rebecca! I have read often of your desire for more children, and have prayed along with you that God would bless your home with another little one. Congratulations to you and Matt, and prayers for a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery!

Leah Spencer said...

How exciting!!! I just wanna squeal for ya. :)

Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Morgan said...

Congratulations!!! What wonderful news!!

Liana said...

Congratulations!
What wonderful news!

Children sure are a gift from God!

MrsTribble said...

Congratulations!!!
I'm so happy for you!!
May the Lord bless you with many many more =)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your wonderful new blessing!

Andie said...

Rebecca, I'm so happy for you!! What a blessing and answer to prayers. I know Corynn will be an awesome little helper both while you are pregnant, and with the new little one!
Praying you have a healthy and wonderful pregnancy!
Blessings-Andie

Kelli said...

Oh my goodness! I'm tearing up at this joyful news, Rebecca! What a wonderful answer to many prayers, congratulations to you and your entire family! Many blessings!
~Kelli

Kelli said...

P.s. I loved the wonderful pictures and the creative ways you told Matt and your family!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rebecca, does this mean I'll be buying presents for 3 little ones now? Congratulations on the bumkin! I wish I could tell you face to face, but then, that would ruin things now wouldn't it? :)

Jthemilker said...

Congratulations on your bundle of blessing! God is good!

Quinne said...

Hi Rebecca :) What a JOY to read! Sending you hugs and prayers... Love, Q

Anonymous said...

Rebecca!!!!!!! Congrats to you and your hubby!!! :):):) We have 3 children, too and it is such a blessings. :)

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!!!!! This was an awesome post......I am sure you are so excited. I praise God for His blessing!!!

Mrs. Pharris said...

Good on ya, dearie! You make pretty babies.

May God breathe a wonderful blessing to your entire family this day. Bunkin' too.

Paula said...

I've been reading your blog for a little while now, but have never commented before. What better way to 'de-lurk' than to offer my heartfelt congratulations to you and your family on this wonderful news.

Kind regards,
Paula

Father's Grace Ministries said...

warmest congratulations from Australia! He answers the desires of your heart.
Claire

Bonnie said...

If I could be turning cartwheels, I would be! I had a sneaking suspicion that negative test may have been wrong, but I was not going to say anyhting to give false hope for something I knew you wanted so much.
Hip hip hooray! I am so excited I'm tearing up as I type this, much prayers for a sickness free and easy pregnancy!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! How wonderful for your family. (I'll try not to be too jealous!)

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is just wonderful, WONDERFUL news as I know you have been wanting another little one. You are in my prayers ... give some big hugs to your family from me!

Kris

Anonymous said...

YEAH! Praise God- that is wonderful news for your family :)

Mrs. Bowen

Christine said...

Yippee! I have been praying for this! Big hugs!

Mom2fur said...

Aaaagggh! Caloo, calay! I'm sooooo flipping happy for you! What a wonderful blessing, not just to you and your husband and the kids...but to the baby who will be born into such a loving family.
May you have an easy, comfortable and healthy pregnancy!

Unknown said...

Congrats, hope all goes well for you guys.

Jana said...

Congrats! Three is a wonderful number! Do we get a clue on the names???

Victoria said...

So happy for you, Rebecca!!! Congratulations!

MamaBirdEmma said...

Congratulations, Rebecca!! I am so happy for you!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Oh, Rebecca, that is wonderful news! May God bless you with a wonderful, easy pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Abigail said...

The top picture is beautiful, but the words that follow outshine it by far! Sorry it's taken me so long to comment, but I've been rejoicing for you all week without taking the time to let you know!

Hurrah for God's gift!!!!!!!

I will be thinking of you all and praying for Bunkin's and your health as this baby grows within you!

Sarah said...

Oh honey, I am so delighted for you guys!!! Your children are so lucky to have such a wonderful mommy, and little bunkin will be equally blessed into your family. Congratulations!!

I had Amelia around the same time you had Amelia, and I have been feeling the baby fever more than ever lately... and this just enhances that desire!!! I can't wait to follow along on this journey with you.

Kimberly said...

I just found out last week our third baby is on the way as well! Woohoo!