What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, March 07, 2008

Wishing for:


Awake, thou wintry earth -
Fling off thy sadness!
Fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
Your ancient gladness!
~Thomas Blackburn, "An Easter Hymn"



Where man sees but withered leaves,
God sees sweet flowers growing.
~Albert Laighton



The year's at the spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in His heaven -
All's right with the world!
~Robert Browning


Posted by Picasa

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. ~Charles Dickens

~~~~~

Waking to bird song, honks being heard high overhead from the returning geese, and passing by fields of them resting when we are off driving, these are the things March is made up of. The first robin was spotted a few weeks back, bellies so fattened up their heads seemed an afterthought. We have since had several more sightings, my camera included.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen our first Robin yet, but I did see the weather report for next week. I sure do hope it doesn't change. We are supposed to be sunny and 50 on Wednesday. :-) Perfect timing, but then God's timing always is. We are just such an impatient people. I am so ready for Spring, but more snow is coming today. Ugh!!

Abigail said...

I love those top ones. Such a vivid spot of color in late winter!

Unhealthily chubby robins? Avian pulmonary heart disease? Who's been overfeeding these greedy little buggers?!? Who, I ask, WHO?!?!

Anonymous said...

It could be that they are not really fat, but that they are fluffing up their feathers to keep warm. Thus, they would appear fat. I don't know this for sure, but I do know that birds do this.

Rebecca said...

'Tis not I, I promise you that. The Robins 'round here are too good for birdseed. They like the 'hunt' I guess. :-)