What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, March 24, 2008

There's No Place Like It

Before I left, Matt and I both spent time writing eight letters, one for each night we were apart, to be opened before going to bed since, after all, going to bed all alone is the hardest part of being away.

I cherished each and every single one of my love letters and read them throughout the following days. But even those were no match to being reunited with him-and having his smell lingering about my nose, being reminded how wonderfully he feels to me, and seeing his sparkly eyes face to face. Oh-there was NOTHING better than seeing him across the room and feeling the excitement of premarriage jitters.


You know what that sweet man did? He bought me an Easter Lily to celebrate my return. Oh-it doesn't stop there. No no. He bought Corynn a little violet of her very own. My, how she adored it! She said over and over and over again "Thank you, Papa, for my beautiful flower." or "My flower is SO beautiful. Thank you for buying it for me." or "My flower is so special. Thank you!" I thought she might even cry!

So, there you have it. All we have now are the memories, photos, and smells of daylily floating about our noses to remind us of our trip. Our days in our own home have returned to the familiar, calm, and refreshingly normal.


It's good to be home, but it was so very, very good a visit too. One that NONE of us will ever forget.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I love these pictures of Matt and the children. What a sweet welcome home! I know that feeling! There was nothing better than descending the elevator and seeing my beloved and my children standing at the bottom waiting for me when I arrived home from PA.

Full of Grace said...

Isn't reuniting the best? It really does remind us of how near and dear our loved ones are when we are away from them, and then come back to them!!!

smilnsigh said...

Lovely photos. And a lovely thought had, by Matt.