What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, March 07, 2008

Strange and Mysterious

I can't really believe I am here, posting yet again today! Four times in one day? I think it might be a record!

The thing is, I have been B*U*S*Y doing lots of prep work for our airborn trip next week, and have done lots of work in preparation for my in-laws coming (oh, in about 2 1/2 hours) for the weekend.

The laundry is all caught up, folded and put away.

The floor is vacuumed, the bathroom cleaned, the kitchen scrubbed, the beds made-including the pullout couch, everything tidy and put away.

The projects are all done, or nearing completion...

And it always helps that school is 'out'! ;-)

I guess I should go on extended trips more often! Might help me get motivated!

Seriously though, there is still LOTS to do, my list is quite long for tomorrow, but I know that I won't have opportunity to write here at all over the weekend, so I am getting my fill while I still can.

Besides, I had to share this:


Posted by Picasa

I received this in the mail the other day.

No postmark, but stamps. No name but mine. No return address, only the words "I hope you like what I sent you."

A small bubble envelope, filled with wee goodies for the wee-folk in this house and and wonderfully kind and precious note made out to me. Signed: a secret friend

I haven't participated in a 'secret sisters' group for a while~ so WHO could it be FROM?!

This is the question that my mind has churned over and over these last few days...but to no avail. I have abolutely no idea!

I LOVE a good mystery and I REALLY LOVE that whoever sent this did so out of their own kindness and for their OWN satisfaction, no thanks required.

But it is KILLING me, not to THANK them! I want the sender to know just how much I appreciate their words, how HAPPY the small gesture has made me and how THANKFUL I am for their kindness.

My only guess would be the mailman. Here is why...

Clue 1: No postmark. The thing wouldn't have been mailed without a postmark so it had to be dropped off in my mailbox. But-trust me, the few locals we have around here couldn't care less about us-and don't even say THANKS when we drop off homemade Christmas candy every year. So-not them! That leaves: the mailman.

Clue 2: Handwriting. It isn't at all recognizable~so I can disregard all the people whose handwriting is familiar. That leaves: the mailman. And all of you.

Clue 3: The items within could TOTALLY be from the mailman. Or, other people.

Finally~ George, our mailman, would totally DO something like that.

Case in point:

** When we first moved here, Corynn would pick flowers and plop them in the mailbox as a gift for the mailman. No big deal there. The surprise came when we would fetch the mail in the afternoon and there would be a FRESH bouquet or a different flower in its' place, left for HER.

** We wave, chat, and honk at each other when we see each other. Not just at the house, but on the road, at the post office, etc. Not to mention: He has said similarly kind things to me in person as the note said in writing. He even asked me once if I had an older, unwed sister! :-)

** He calls us 'His favorite customers' and we call him 'Curious George'. Of course, He could call EVERYONE that and we named HIM after a monkey. I guess that doesn't say much.

** Last year, when I had to leave Matt for a whole week, I wrote him letters for each day I was to be gone. Even though it was slightly illegal, I bribed George to deliver the correct envelope on the correct day with fudge and some canned apple butter...and to overlook the fact that their was no postage on it. He did so happily, and still talks about it today. All in all, He is a great guy!

Now, I know~I am probably WAY off base, but that is what happens when my mind is left to wander and deduce with no real clues to go on!

Nevertheless, this note is now one of my treasured possessions-and will be from now on. It has filled me with joy the day it was received and each day since! What a wonderful mystery it is!


2 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Well, I can guarantee it wasn't from me. A)no postmark, and you know I'm from New York and B)beautiful handwriting. My handwriting is readable...but not that nice!
Wow, if it was the mailman, he's a keeper! What a sweet thing to do!

Anonymous said...

How lovely!