What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Saturday Morning



We never get doughnuts, which is a shame because I LOVE doughnuts. Saturday I decided I ought to try to make some doughnut holes. Obviously I am not a terribly skilled fryer-I don't have a deep fryer and I don't do it enough to become really good at it. About 2/3 of the dough was ruined by being burned on the outside and goey on the inside. By the last 1/3 of the dough I was frustrated but I got it. They were good.

And...some bunny pancakes.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Abigail said...

Deep fryers don't help. I've fried with a little Fry Daddy and fried in a stovetop pot, and I can mess the temperature up either way! (Maybe I need one that has a thermometer, instead of relying on my faulty intuition.)

Not that my admission helps you, but you're not alone. Try a deep-fry thermometer test of the oil, if you didn't, just to be safe. I don't have one, but I've learned through lots of error to increase my chances of a nicely crisp on the outside but still cooked on the inside product.

Am I encouraging you in the road to frying?!?!? SHAME! NEVER fry ANYTHING, even donuts. So yummy. I mean...unhealthy.

Anonymous said...

Baked Donuts!!!

I haven't tried this recipe yet http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001561.html but a woman whose blog I read did and said they turned out very well.

I've been wanting to try it because I'm terrible at frying things too!

Unknown said...

The bunny pancakes are wonderful -- even now that Easter's over I'm going to make some!