What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Not Quite Curious George



Does anyone remember when I said I got the most amazing secret friend letter in the mail, and since I had nothing else to go on-I assumed it MUST have been our mailman, "Curious George"???

Well-I guess he isn't THAT Curious-because it isn't him!

How do I know?

Because my secret friend has struck again!

And Again!

And AGAIN!

I have received COUNTLESS notes in the mail-all mysterious and sweet-and all just as void of clues as the first! The children even got these AMAZING packages in the mail. Opening our mailbox we beheld a BEAUTIFUL sight-and when can someone ever say THAT?!? Look how pretty!!! The children LOVED their goodies and well, I have just adored my notes. Even Matt has joined in on the guessing game. But it is tough, REALLY tough.

I am wracking my brain. Why? Because! Every letter, though it has the same handwriting and uses the same stationary, is sent with DIFFERENT postal codes!

Of the legible ones, there has been....

~ Columbus, GA
~Las Vegas, NV
~Buffalo, NY
~ELMIRA, NY (where my MOM is from!)

not to mention one that didn't have a postal code AT ALL!

Now-how is THAT for stumped?!?

Here are some clues I have surmised...

The sender DEFINATELY reads my blog-there have been several references to things I have written. SO: It's not George, even if He IS friendly.

The sender has my address. This could mean it is from someone who got my address directly FROM me, OR it might be from someone who also reads my sisters blog and she gave it to them. Mental Note: Ask Elizabeth if she knows anything.

And, ashamedly that's it!

In my last note, my very special friend decided to tease me a bit with a few VERY generalized clues.

They are:

I have a dog.
I love a good read.
I love pizza.

Actually~ The only thing that tells me is that the sender could be ME!

I know these lovely little bits of sunshine can't last forever so I keep bracing myself for that last note saying: Well, that's all I have time for. I hope I brightened your day." But, against my better judgement, I excitedly dash to the mailbox everyday in hopes for another clue, another note, another ANYTHING.

I KNOW you are reading my blog and I KNOW you are laughing your wicked little head off at my ignorance, so I will tell you (generally, if not specifically) my sweet and wonderful special secret friend:

THANK you for all the notes you have shared with me, and all the treasures you have bestowed upon us so lovingly, and for all the many smiles you brought to my face and heart. Even after the notes stop, you will have warmed a place in my heart that will never grow cold.

On that day when your identity is revealed (or I get smart enough to make a good guess of it) I will know your name but you'll still always be remembered as my secret special friend. :-)

You really have given me SUCH joy these last weeks!



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Absoblogginlutely! said...

You sure it's not Matt? It's something similar that I've been known to do before...

Tracy said...

I only know that it isn't me. Really.

Abigail said...

Whoever it is must be highly organized, which clearly puts me out of the running.