What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, December 08, 2005

I didn't lie...

I promised to post some pictures yesterday but never did. I didn't lie-when I went to take the pictures I realized the batteries were dead on my camera and for once we don't have spares lying around. So-I suppose it will have to wait. That stinks too, because I decorated the outside of the house yesterday and the rest of the house is done also so I have lots to show you! :-)

Today we are having our in-laws and my brother and sister in law over for supper. Though a bit premature, we are having corned beef and cabbage. (The corned beef was cheaper than a regular roast). Along with that we will have potatoes and carrots and bread. Then I will make a pumpkin crisp for dessert. I am still searching for a good sidedish or two to go with it-but nothing is sounding good with Corned Beef and Cabbage, to me anyway. I like to have a fruit at every meal and another side to round out the meal. Any suggestions would be great.

Yesterday during nap, I put up all our outdoor lights and decorations. I was disgusted with myself for waiting until the most blustery, freezing day to do it. Especially after having such nice warm weather after Thanksgiving. My face and hands are chapped and red. And really, it is a fudged job, since ALL of the lights I had from last year were broken. I went through each bulb and fuse out of desperation, but to no avail. Thankfully I had picked up some red and green lights at the dollar store and I had a strand of white lights from our craft show display tree. Looks like I will be buying some more Christmas light strands this year, when they go on the after-Christmas clearance sales. It looks nice though, I am pleased with the results. I even took the trimmings from the bottom of our Christmas tree and wrapped them around our mailbox and a stone porch garden we have. I WILL post pictures as soon as I am able.

For now, I have to get to cooking! Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin crisp? Sounds interesting. Will you share the recipe? ~jen