What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oh yeah~I was there too. :-)





It's a shame we were unable to go inside the building, but there is no question in my mind that we WILL be back. There were several other places I would like to visit, The State Museum, The National Civil War Museum-and most of all, I want to tour the INSIDE of the Capitol, which I am told is home to a Waterford Crystal chandalier that weighs as much as two elephants and sports mosaic flooring in the shapes of all the state insects, flowers, birds, etc. Oh-to see such grand sights!



America, the BEAUTIFUL
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We live in the Oregon capitol city of Salem. The gym I go to is a couple of blocks away from the capitol building. My girls are always so excited to look for the gold man on the top of the building. So fun to see your golden lady. Thanks for sharing.
-Lisa

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, I had a fright thinking you were hanging outside of one of those little windows taking the pic of the golden lady...then I remembered that the building was closed! Whew! I think my heart rate is back to normal now! Really though, could you hang out a window...huh?!!! Your town is a treasure trove of beautiful things to see...I think I'd pick a different one each week (or month) to go through and then...you can post all the beautiful pictures and I can 'travel' without leaving my warm comfy home! It's drizzling very cold rain at the moment...and then it will rain snow for a bit and then back to rain. Oh well, I have Mrs. Robin in my yard looking for a nice view to build her nest.
With a few spring bulbs poking through the ground I can almost believe that it's spring! Have a great day! Becky

Rebecca said...

Lisa~We quizzed ourselves on the states and capitols after our visit and we came up SORELY lacking in our knowledge! I wonder if all capitols have a man or woman atop the building, and whether there is a significance to it?

Becky~ I have been known to do some PRETTY dumb things before but hanging out of windows doesn't mix very well with my phobia of heights~so no, probably won't EVER see ME hanging out of a window! :-)

We actually don't live in Harrisburg, we just visited there. In fact, I don't really live in a town at all. We live in the boonies. I guess that is why I go LOOKING for all the beautiful sights a town can offer, because I don't get to see them too often! :-)