What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ThE BiG ToP



We have been doing a lot of fun things lately and then, because there are so many pictures involved in blogging said fun thing and so little time to blog, I set fun-thing-blogging aside opting instead to blog one or two pictures of something simple, like a flower. :-)

Wow, was that a run-on.

One such "fun thing" was going to the circus with some friends. I had never been to a circus before (so it stands to reason my children hadn't either) and it was a pretty great experience. The whole day was a double feature really, since us grown-ups had gone on a (first ever!) double date the night before including dinner and the theater. No great pictures from that night though, tsk tsk.

Back to the circus....


There were elephants, showgirls, and dancing poodles that tickled little girls' fancies.


There was magic and intrigue.


There were tightrope walking tigers, clowns and sky jumpers.

I


really


liked


them.


There was a snack filled intermission and light necklace/wand paraphernalia that was snuck in under the radar.


And then. AND THEN.

The most jaw-dropping, death-defying stunt of the night. A human cannonball.


Fear gripped us all.



The audience was struck dumb with amazement at the perilous feat.


The rest of the afternoon we had stars in our eyes..


and attempted...


feats all our own.






3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh that DOES look like fun!
I'm forgetting what fun is, (since a fuddy-duddy that ain't me never wants to do anything)
I'm going to have to go looking for some soon, after this weeks spring-cleaning craziness maybe. Though I might just be looking for a stiff drink. Did I just type that? Totally joking. I think I'm getting high on cleaning fumes (which is nothing but vinegar, maybe I'm pickling my brain, maybe I'm a wee bit desperate for adult conversation and interaction. Maybe I should just get off here and go back to cleaning.)
LOVE the back of Corynns smock- did you make that? If yes, do share.

Tracy said...

Great photos! I love the look on Adele's face in both shots!

Abigail said...

I'm so glad you caught the girls laughing! That was one of my favorite parts.

Those pictures of Adele' melt me. (Doesn't take much where she's concerned, though...)

Also, I loaded a color picture of you and Matt walking across the bridge that was so similar to yours that I replaced it in black and white. Too funny! John and I on the way there & you and Matt on the way back-- I guess it's good to see marital affection instead of discord, eh?

Lastly:
-I look old at the circus. The camera does not lie.
-I love that last picture of Luci. It's such a quintessential Luci face, and I might steal it, with your permission.
-AND I love the picture of Mr. Cannonball. So cool! I kind of wished I'd taken one, and yours is perfect.