What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, November 13, 2020

Halloweening

This year I wasn't 'feeling' Halloween at all.  

I called the five or so neighbors we go to visit every year to see if they felt comfortable with us Trick or Treating at their houses this year (secretly hoping they would say no). Yes! They wanted us to come!  Even if we had to stay on the sidewalk, take candy from a chair and have them take a picture from the porch.

(rats)

I told the children that this year would be a raid-the-dress-up-bin and use-what-we-have kinda year.  

Nothing themed, nothing fancy.

And it worked!


The cast of characters:


Matt  as a plague doctor.  (fitting, no?)


Corynn as a Lion King


She seems fierce on the outside but if left alone and introspective, she is doubtful and insecure.


Andrew was a fur trader that was gathering furs up until the moment that others were heading to the first house.  So no individual picture of him.  He, apparently, wasn't really 'feeling' Halloween this year either.

I was a princess and Moses was my frog prince.  I took about five minutes to get ready while the others were heading to the first house too.  But that was because I was HEEEELLLLLPING everyone else, you see.  So no individual picture of me either.  HA!  

But here is the sweetest little frog prince you ever did see...





I did whip up his hat quickly- but with yarn I already had on hand, so it still counts.  (I made the eyes and crown removable so now he has a nice little hat to wear, post-Halloween.)





(Ruby loved his costume!)

Adele' used the gorgeous kimono to be a beautiful chinese girl in traditional garb.

Not to be confused with a geisha.



Judah was a Marine.  Did you expect anything else?

With all the camo the boys have, much of it leftover from Matt's own boyhood, we could have clothes an entire division.



I knew with Ineke's smiley eyes and chubby thighs, that she would make a PERFECT Shirley Temple.

She wanted to be Elsa but I bribed her with curly hair and with buying her a large lollipop to lick.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a large lollipop ANYWHERE so she made one out of construction paper instead.

A bum deal for HER, but not for me!  How cute is she?!





And don't worry...she got lots of LITTLE lollipops to lick anyway.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all look great! And totally agree with your description of the frog prince - he looks so sweet!!!!!

Wilma

Full of Grace said...

I really cannot decide which costume I like the most!! They are all pretty awesome!!! The kids looked great as usual :) :)

Rebecca said...

Thank you!!