What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, November 02, 2020

Rainbow Bright

One day this summer, a big storm was brewing.  

Tornado warnings blared from the radio.  The sky went all eerie colored.  The wind whipped across the yard.

I drew some water because, by now, I know that this is the drill.  I don't know if it is just living on a hill or living on OUR hill, but if there is a storm, our power WILL go out.

And it did.  

Andrew and Corynn had to milk the cow by hand that night.  The rest of us gathered every possible thing that could fly away or break.  We gathered water from rainspouts for washing and flushing. 
And candles and oil lamps. 

Afterward, I fed them power-outage food for supper.

They didn't seem to mind.


And as we ate our supper, God gave us quite a show.











Look at that!  Ineke dressed for the occasion!

And when the sky went black, a bit of rainbow lingered on my windowsill.

 

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Wow! That was such a beautiful rainbow.

Another Rebecca said...

Stunning.

Abigail said...

We lost power that night, too! Unfortunately, I was not prepared with delicious finger food. I had John bring home pizza, instead. Poor, poor us. ;)

I love these beautiful photos of sky-glory and Ineke underneath.
They stopped me in my tracks.