What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, May 21, 2008


Above and below are my two dearest friends out here. Above is Greta, the new-again mother. Looks pretty darn good, doesn't she?!? Never guess that Ethan wasn't her second or third. The black and white (below) is of the lady I am always talking about, Nancy. She is the one who taught me to crochet, among other things. We get together every few weeks and if we can manage, once a week. I love to get together with her-works out perfectly; she just happens to be the closest one living to me! I just love her.




I decided this ought to be a 'LADIES" luncheon-so the Mama's and their daughters came. All in all, there was about a dozen of us. All of the daughters (with the exception of my own) are in the pre-teen, teen years so I wanted to encourage them to feel grown up and have them see how exciting it is to be Mothers. Honestly, they already have a pretty good idea. I have never seen such sweeter teenagers. It gives me hope that all teenagers don't HAVE to wreck havoc on parental/child relationships. But THAT, my friends, is a soapbox I will NOT get on today! :-)

ANYWAY~since it was an 'all girl' party, I thought I ought to let Corynn feel grown-up too. My, my, my. How she GUSHED at being included in the festivities! She was tremendously helpful in the preparations (and she even cleaned the Doll's house so THEY could receive company too!) and she exclaimed over and over about how she got to 'stay up from rest time'. She made a card for Greta and wrapped her own present. On the outside was a baby getting its picture taken in the grass, on the inside she wrote "CONGRATS. Love Corynn." (She really enjoys writing words now but she still needs help sounding them out.) Great, being the experienced, excellent mother she is new how to properly gush to make little girls' heads blow up with pride.

Posted by Picasa
She was so proud to stay up-but just 20 minutes after they left, lookie what I found downstairs...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stepping up and blessing this mom. We have 7 and I remember when we were announcing our sixth. Our youth pastor said, "Wow! Better you than us!" This from the youth pastor? Needless to say we don't do youth group. Thanks for recognizing the sacrifice- and blessings- of large families!