What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, May 29, 2008

I can explain...



This picture of my model husband Matt is out of focus where it ought to be (his eyes, nose, chin) and IN focus where it ought not to be (his sweater collar). This is because I used my telephoto lens, a lens that acts like a telescope. Only it just doesn't work very well, if you are sitting just a legs distance away. And it doesn't work very well, if the picture-snapper just happens to have her feet propped on her husbands' lap-all comfy-cozy like, and is too lazy to A) get up and move further away or B) change lenses.

So yeah. It is out of focus. I am a lazy bum. BIG DEAL.



This picture is the reason I didn't want to change lenses. I mean, golly, I can't GET close enough to this hunky monkey.

So there.



This, my friends, is a B.A.D case of camera shake. Yup. That stinks. But, on second thought, it looks sort of cool in a weird, retro, funky new age-ish sort of way. Wouldn't you say?



Camera shake is a bonafide issue when using a camera, especially with a telephoto lens on it. Not to be confused with BODY shake, as evidenced by this photo. Poor feller just can't control himself.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Grandma Bibby said...

The pictures are great even with the shake. How is your week going? Hope all is well. :-)

The dB family said...

I'm still waiting to get a shot of our humming bird visitor. I think he's very camera shy -- even with my big zoom.