What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Food for Thought



It's been ages since I gave up some recipes at Kitchen Riches.

Wanna know why?

Because I am hardly ever making anything exciting these days. Sometimes I wanna puke. Sometimes I am too tired. Sometimes I lack the motivation. Occasionally my family will get a decent meal-but in truth, it has been pretty darn rare.

In fact, as long I am keepin' it real: I have a confession to make.

Two weeks ago, I bought my very first box of Hamburger Helper. I couldn't believe I was doing it, but I did. My hands just grabbed for it and no matter what my mind willed them to do-they just continued on their mission. I got it because I hated smells that day and just the thought of cooking repulsed me.

So I got it. Thinking one night. One box. One skillet. One happy Mama.

But you know what? I'll never do it again. I guess I presumed that it would cook the beef itself-and the beef was precisely what I DIDN'T want to have to cook. But I HAD to. Now frankly~ It just ain't 'convenience food' if it requires the same amount of work as 'from scratch.'

Can I get an AMEN?!?

So, that basically stunk.

~~~~

But, if you are so inclined, there is a recipe for something I canned but only recently opened to find it was magnificent, a few drinks (even the kind that make them REALLY good-winky. winky) and even a few *gasp* food recipes (mostly stolen.)

So GO HERE NOW!!!

Eat Hearty!

At least heartier than me and MY family.

But, hey, that ain't sayin' much...



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Quinne said...

Hi Rebecca :) Thank you for the recipes! Love, Q

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Your photography is truly gorgeous Rebecca as are your beautiful children. I found your blog from a link from another and so glad I did. I have bookmarked you and will call again later when i have a little more time.

Terri said...

We're having a barbecue tonight so I'm trying the strawberry-lemonade. Thanks for the recipes, Rebecca!