What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, March 09, 2006

5 more weeks...well, ALMOST four!

I am almost done with my 35th week-which means almost only four more to go. I am like a little kid. Now I am breaking down the weeks even! This week has been pretty busy for me. Tuesday I had my last ultrasound and was pretty disappointed. The doctor didn't really answer any of my questions...estimated weight, head circumferance (HOW do you spell that word?!?!?), etc. And because poor Peanut is so squished in there, I didn't really see much of ANYTHING on the ultrasound. It was performed by the doctor instead of an ultrasound technician so I guess I shouldn't have expected much. I did get a picture of Peanut-though I hide it. It kind of freaks me out. A mix between a little old man with a mustache and an alien. Wow. THAT makes me feel good! I am posting it here for good measure. Don't look at it if you get nightmares easily! ;-)

This week the weather has been awesome (except for today. It has the warmth factor but is raining...). This weekend I will FINALLY be painting Peanut's dresser and hopefully a few rocking chairs. One Friday and Saturday it will be in the 60's so it will be PRIME time! Friday night I am meeting a bunch of friends from church to do scrapbooking. Matt will be taking care of Corynn so I will have plenty of time to FOCUS with the only distraction being conversation. I am really excited. That means, this week, I will have checked off several more of my "to-do before Peanut arrives" projects. Thank goodness!

Saturday Matt works for a man in our church who is an auctioneer. He is auctioning off a bunch of school stuff from a school that was rebuilt. From what I understand, it is not so much school supplies as it is furniture, workbenches, etc. He is going to keep his eyes peeled for bookcases (which we are ALWAYS in need of) and a filing cabinet. And if the price is right-who knows, maybe a school desk, blackboard, or maps. Who knows. We shall see.

That is about all there is to say. I will be taking some before and after pictures of my furniture endeavors. I can't WAIT to have those projects done! :-) Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

Abigail said...

Playing a quick game of catch-up...

The postman delivered a beautiful thank you card and a long, newsy letter last week! Thanks so much for both of them! I'll respond when things settle in a bit more around here (i.e. after I've sent off thank you's myself).

I'm glad to hear you're doing well, and now that you're in the last stretch of pre-Peanut time, that the weather's cooperating for your remaining projects. (Just don't go into early labor, and you'll be fine. That's one good thing about going late; one has more time to tie up any loose ends!)

Millie (and Annika) LOVE the stickers Corynn sent, and, to be honest, I did, too. I was tempted to steal them for my own use, but instead I let them use them on paper and bellybuttons. (For some reason, both of the girls prefer to wear stickers on top of their bellybuttons to any other place.) Please thank her for them both. They were absolutely delighted with the mail and the fish.

Have fun tonight!

Rebecca said...

I am glad you liked the card and the girls enjoyed the stickers. You can be expecting another package shortly! hehehe. Corynn and I are heading to the post office TODAY. After all, little Susannah can't be left out! ;-)