What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, March 27, 2006

Yes-the baby is 'here'. In my belly.

Two more weeks to my due date but the pins and needles waiting game has already begun! We went away to visit some friends for one final hu-rah before we move and were gone Saturday and Sunday. We arrived home late last night (totally pooped) and I realized (in the nick of time) that my doctor's appointment was scheduled for TODAY, not my typical Tuesday, and early to boot. I barely had time to wake-up before heading back out the door.

When I got home from the doctor's, I had lots of messages on our machine wondering where I was, how I was, and what I was doing. Everyone thought I might have been at the hospital (which I was-but for no good reason.) Might I just say, THANKS A LOT ABBY! We had a WONDERFUL time at your place but your food was just too delicious! I knew you had it in for me, I just KNEW it! A six pound weight gain in one week is NOT normal at the end of pregnancy-and I was told so in no uncertain terms. Besides, chocolate cups filled with brownie, custard cream and raspberry syrup aren't exactly subtle!

Friday night my sister and I went to the mall. It has been SO long since I went to the mall! A friend lured us there, telling us animals would abound because it was the annual Farm show. INSIDE the mall. I must admit, I went mainly because I couldn't believe that they would allow farm animals into a mall until I saw it with my own eyes. But-there they were for all to see! And feel!

This week is going to be chock full of things to do. Here is my plan.

~Pack Hospital bag and bag for Corynn
~Lovebirds Photo Shoot
~Make address labels for birth announcements
~Address and stamp birth announcement envelopes
~Make the outer 'shell' of the birth announcements
~Rehem Matt's suit pants (for Baptism)
~Write a few notes to friends.
~Schedule dentist appointments for Matt and I
~Take our car in to get a recall fixed.


And now, I leave you with an abundance of pictures. Hopefully, freeing up camera space for a soon-coming little Panda.

6 comments:

Full of Grace said...

I guess we are all so excited to meet baby peanut, we need every excuse and possibility to hope he has arrived. Soon enough though, he will be here, and we will be able to enjoy meeting him in person :)

Leah said...

We certainly missed you at the Marble's on Saturday night. We waited and waited for you to arrive! We finally called Dave K. and he told us you had left town! He said Matt had said the get together was cancelled! Needless to say we were sad to know that you wouldn't be making it to our get together. :( We'll have to try again in the next few weeks before you leave.

Rebecca said...

That's weird. Matt emailed Dave from work and forwarded the message to our home inbox too telling him of our plans. He called Dave K. and said WE were cancelling but that we would give him directions to the Marbles' house if he wanted. Sounds like some miscommunication. Not sure why though.

Abigail said...

Okay, at least give me a chance to defend myself. I ate just as much of everything as you did (plus, I was lucky enough to munch on the leftovers, too!). I'm positive most, if not all, of that six pounds is fluid, although if I could have plumped you up, you can bet your boots I would have! :)

(A tank top at nine months with no love handles...sheesh!)

Rebecca said...

You ate the same foods as I did, but not the same quantity. I swear, I couldn't NOT have seconds even if I tried. Sometimes, even thirds. yikes.

Ps-Would you mind sharing your pizza dough recipe? Matt has been raving about it ever since. Oh-and how do you get it so crisp on bottom? Mine is NEVER crisp.

Abigail said...

I just emailed you the recipe. May you enjoy all of your seconds and (hopefully!) thirds. :)

And, I'm sorry to disappoint a dear friend, but I WIN!!!!!! The game's almost up, and you, with your long frame, have only gained a bit more weight than I left the hospital with (this not even counting the dear, sweet baby weight I cradled in my arms). I WIN!!!!! Oh. Wait a minute. This might be one of those games where it'd be better to be a gracious loser. Oops.