What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Pictures from Saturday's Excursion...

Last Saturday my sister and I took our kiddo's to the Corning Museum of Glass. We spent most of the day, even eating lunch! Ignoring our aching feet, we decided to continue the adventure in downtown Corning, walking the streets there. Most photos are OBVIOUSLY from the museum-but the last two snapshots are from a cute little pet shop in downtown.


Corynn has a rather large brain-the better to learn with. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,
I cannot believe you are moving that close to me! I checked and from my house to right in State College is like 100 miles or so. So it's not that far. Are you going to be right in State College or on the outskirts? You can email me if you don't want to answer here where everyone can read it. I am so excited that maybe I will actually get to meet you! ~Jen

Abigail said...

I can't believe no one else has commented on how cool this snapshot is! It's one of my absolute favorites, and now I'm aching to visit Corning glass just for the sake of cool shots.

Rebecca said...

Jen~we will be on the outskirts but it makes me feel better to know someone close by. Especially if you shop in Altoona~we could always meet there-kind of halfway!

Abby~there were entirely too many good possibilites for photo taking including this very cool six foot high lime green swirly-gig glass 'tree' sculpture that is right out of a Dr. Seuss book. I meant to return to it but never did. The good thing about Corning Museum of Glass is that kids (up to 17 years old) are FREE and with the purchase of an admission ticket, you can request a FREE pass for the entire year. That makes the 12.00 admission much more affordable-if you make it a point to go a few times. :-)