What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Saturday, March 24, 2007

OUCH!


We were playing outside when I noticed one of our trees had freakishly deep squares all over it. Would you believe we had a pileated woodpecker in our yard and Matt only told me when I showed him this tree?

"Oh yes-I have seen him there quite a few times when I've gotten home from work."

Thanks alot, you stinkpot!

Well, now that I KNOW, I will keep a lookout for our shy and DESTRUCTIVE friend.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, we have pileated woodpeckers here too. I hope they don't do that to our trees. They are such magnificent birds though. I love watching them, particularly because of their size.

Michelle said...

Those birds have HUGE eyes, I am told. I have never actually seen one before, but my mom had one right outside her window. It is a little scary that a bird can make those big holes. A bear? Yes... A BIRD? No!

The Ramblin' Rat said...

Wow! Who knew woodpeckers could cause that much damage.

I must be overly tired because I'm giggling over that fact that as I am reading about your little woodpecker friend, the Woody the Woodpecker song just came on the radio.