What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Apple Blossoms


They are no more, but when they were, they WERE.

At their peak, they were just lovely. Seeing their beautiful blossoms always surprises me because the tree is really quite dead, with much of the trunk rotted straight through.

I wonder how it can even stay standing, let alone bearing blossoms. (We haven't had fruit in three years)





I am not the only one drawn to it. The children picnic under it, climb atop it, read under it, play duck duck goose beside it.




And apparently, there is the occasional SHOWDOWN.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm not sure you can kill an apple tree.A beaver was munching on ours a few years ago. There is one at the end of our road that blew down last year,and I was certain it was dead. Nope, bloomed like anything this year. The fruit on ours is tasteless and wormy, but I won't let B. cut it down simply because of that week of absolute beauty.

Unknown said...

Enjoying your lovely blog thoroughly!! We have much in common...

So glad I was searching through google images for some much needed inspiration for a tractor cake I'm baking this afternoon for my six year old little man and found your corner of the internet :)

Anonymous said...

"showdown" - priceless!

is judah your biggest baby? just wondering about andrew as an infant. your children are precious.

-beth

Abigail said...

I love that picture of them playing duck-duck. Isn't is the greatest to have children old enough to play together and who actually DO play together?

And Judah is the clear winner in that last picture. That hen had better move along!