What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Road Trip


Last weekend we took a wee bit of a road trip.

I met up with an old friend, a new friend and her FELLOW-FOTO-FRIDAY-contributing daughter. It was just so much fun.

Of course, I had to get a freakish eye disfigurement just in the nick of time. Oh, the pleasantness of meeting new people while looking like a monster. I picked a pair of of frames from the 'free' section (read: please take these off our hands because no one in their right minds would actually BUY them section) several months ago, justifying their hideousness with the idea that I would never ever ever let anyone see me in them. HA!

I found out a *little* too late that red raspberry leaf tea is great for my first-ever eye sty.

Here are some pictures from that day. Gross glasses and all.


Glimpses of a Newman road trip:


..............................hand holding (not pictured: not letting GO when baby brother starts to cry)


.........................singing (not pictured: the bickering)



..................................snacks (not pictured: the donuts)



........................crocheting (not pictured: doing it more for the challenge of taking a picture of both hands simultaneously)


......................... sleeping (not pictured: "Are we THERE yet?!")


........................... reading a purposely-fresh batch of library books (not pictured: dropping them on the floor and asking for more 4.5 seconds after opening them.)


.....................a cool picture of movement out the window (not pictured: the 100 other attempts)


......................puckered lips ( a sure sign we need to switch drivers!)



It is pretty obvious by the ratio of car ride photos to visiting photos, I take most of my photographs when I am bored or am in need of some entertainment.

Obviously, the visit was entertaining enough. I had a great time. (And boy can that Amy PLAY.) winky wink


(Ann, Amy and Nanci~ feel free to swipe the group picture/ guitar picture by right clicking on them if you would like your own copies.)

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Um, sorry, but your glasses are awsome. I love plastic frames, and used to have quite the collection- perks of working for an eye doctor: free/ cheap frames.

Lookssalika fun time! R. has that same dress as Adele!

Leah said...

All your "not pictured-s" sound like our road trips. I love the foot up on the dash. I always do that on long drives!

Leah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

It was so fun getting to meet you...I love Judah's face in the group picture...and you should have posted the picture of Mrs. H doing her funny face!! Seriously, you should have...
And your glasses weren't gross. They could have been some giant, 70's/80's style frames...seriously, at least you got some modern looking specs.

Amy said...

Whoops, stupid multiple google accoutns...the Amy up there was me, from my other account...I get so confused...I never know which one I'm signed into. :-P

momawake said...

Oh happy day! Great pics to showcase a great time. I'm so glad we got to meet. Let's do it again! :)

Abigail said...

Man, I'm glad Bonnie commented thusly.

I read this post and thought, "Hey! Those are the exact "hideous" frames I complimented so effusively on Sunday."

I'm not crazy after all, at least in this regard.

(Phew.)

Full of Grace said...

Love those pics of Matt! Really Really love them!!! I also love the way you wrote this post, pointing out things seen and unseen ;)