What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, June 13, 2011

Berry suspicious


I caught this Missy red-handed (or beaked, as it were) where she was NOT supposed to be.

Any guesses? Here's a clue...


Looking MIGHTY guilty if you ask me.



Perhaps a night in the strawberry nets taught her a lesson?



Probably not.

Just in case, I have been harvesting our strawberries just a bit unripe to ensure that we actually get them. And even still, I have to cut out some nibble holes.


Ah, the joys of growing your own food! ;-)

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I planted strawberry plants this year. HA. I knew I could kill them. More shtrah-bay-yee post from me tomorrow.
Yours are beautiful!

Southern Comfort said...

Yes, I've cut quite a few holes out of our garden produce too. But,that is the price you pay for keeping the garden organic. I guess that birds are a different story-they are there organic or not. I'd love to produce strawberries like yours.

Anonymous said...

Oh nummy! Ours are still tiny and green. We don't have to worry about birds - our problem is slugs. My husband mulched them really well with wood chips this year so I'm hoping that makes them a little less slug friendly. I don't like sharing with slugs!