What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

'Lil Bruiser


Last night as I was fixing supper, there was a crash and a bang and a Judahbear~ faceplanted on the dining room floor. Still in his booster seat.

Apparently, Adele' was snitching the cheerios he was chomping on and without realizing the repercussions, pushed down on his booster seat tray too hard and flipped him right over.

If his nose isn't broken (which I suspect it is), it is pretty banged up. It was bleeding and was scary swollen and every time I looked at him I wanted to cry. The picture just doesn't do the thing justice.

Babies aren't supposed to get hurt, you know? Poor thing.

Nursing is a struggle for him, since his nose passageways are so swollen but that will get better. I was up most of last night either nursing him or trying to make sure he was breathing. It was completely unnecessary because other than nursing he is breathing fine, but that is the Mama in me. He already looks better than he did yesterday.

Happy as ever-just looking like a 9 month old football player presently.

A football playing baby that is getting just a wee bit more coddled today than he did two days ago.

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow, he made sure it was banged up thoroughly!

What's bruiser weigh these days? My Chunka-boy is 24 lbs. 24 lbs that loooooove to be carried around in the back-pack.

Bonnie said...

P.S. kiss that sweet little face for me, poor little lamb!

Unknown said...

Oh no!!! Ouch!! :( Prayed for a quick recovery!

Anonymous said...

oh no... literal! poor baby!
my hubby about a month ago walked our sweet daughter in to a metal pipe off the back of his truck when he was not paying attention. she ended up with a small bruise and a cut.. tough cookie took it quite well, and it was healed about 5 days later. broke my heart!
praying for speedy healing!
-bobbi

Tracy said...

Poor baby!

Nanci said...

Awww. . .Poor little guy! I'll be praying for him.

Terri said...

OUCH!! Poor thing. He's still cute even with a swollen nose. I hope he feels better soon.

Full of Grace said...

I feel so bad for the poor baby..I hope his breathing gets better soon and the swelling goes down on his nose..Give him a kiss from Auntie Beth..

Our Peculiar Lives said...

oh poor baby!

Abigail said...

Yikes!

I didn't even notice on Sunday! It's either healing nicely or I was too distracted by his baby browns.