What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Sunday, September 24, 2006

We got to a 'Fair'

While many people go on a VACATION during the summer (if not several...), we don't really have that option. For several reasons. So, we get what we get and we make do. It's definately a great way to learn to make the most of each day. And to be REALLY grateful for the opportunities that DO arise.

I was SO happy that we were able to attend a HarvestFest at a *very* local amusement park on Saturday. And as a FAMILY, no less. Too often it is me with the kiddos while Matt works. He is a fun guy to be around. I like him.

It was great fun for everyone. AND I got my funnel cake. And pork BBQ. And Soda. And fudge. And even a bit of a fudgie puppy! Ah-the joys of a fair.

Following is some fair footage...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi again...What a wonderful time you all had! It looks like you sure live in a fun place! I'm not sure what a funnel cake is, but I think I need to find out soon! =) We are in Northern California & the weather here still thinks it's summer... H-O-T!...The only bonus is that it is cooling down at night a bit. We are from Montana & I SO miss the "real" fall weather with the amber leaves & crisp air... Thank you for the response to my earlier email, I will definitely keep on posting! =) Victoria

Carmichael Family said...

How FUN! We skipped the fair this year...but have had lots of fun there in years past!
Victoria ~ where abouts in Northern Cal. are you from? We live in Northern Cali as well!