What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, September 28, 2006

An A in Cooking


I haven't been doing very well on cooking the last few weeks. It seems, when I am in the kitchen all day canning-the LAST thing I want to do it cook in it too. I am pround of myself this week though. I think I did really well. Among the eats: lasagna, crockpot stew, bagel pizzas and the fanciest: the one pictured above. It included Pork with a Plum and Pear glaze, biscuits with honey, fresh garden beets, salad, bread and butter pickles, and for 'dessert' vanilla yogurt with a dollop of blueberry lime jam. It was yummy. In our other house we frequently had candlelit dinners with music playing in the background. I hope to get into that habit again. Soon. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You so totally amaze me with all that you get done in a day and with 2 little ankle-biters needing your attention all day. The pictures of your beautiful dinner, the shelf of canned goods from your garden .... I don't know how you do it all. You inspire me to do more for my family! We will have our first garden next year - I've never canned so am not sure how what we'll plant, but I may just have to consider planting. Your blueberry lime jam is incredible!

Love,
Kris