What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, September 18, 2006

Scarlett


I just finished reading this book. Wow. I felt such accomplishment when I put this book down for the last time. It took me weeks to finish it because of so little time to devote to reading. This book was one of the best fiction books I have read in a LONG time and here is why. It was GRIPPING. I usually can predict, with great accuracy, what the ending will be like-in any book. Whenever I 'figured it out' while I read this-SOMETHING happened to completely void out my prediction. I mean THE OPPOSITE occurred. This book was insufferable at times (often), nerve-wracking at others and just plain fantastic to read. It is the sequel to Gone with the Wind and was written by an entirely different author so it was bound to have some inconsistencies. I found only one noteworthy one. The fluidity of both books was incredible considering it was by two different people. It has a couple risque parts to it but overlooking those, it was a great GREAT read. Superb!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Wow, I love Gone with the Wind,so I would probably love Scarlett. My one recommendation to you is NOT to watch the Scarlett movie. We checked it out from the library about a year ago, and we had to stop it, it was so bad. Way to go on finishing the book... not a small accomplishment for a busy mama to little blessings! :)

Rebecca said...

That is the pleasure of books versus movies. For one-they add even more of that trash to make it more appealing to people interested in the movies. But also-you can skim over words-if you fast forward what is seen-it just happens FASTER!

It really was a good book-you should see if you can borrow it from the library!