What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Pork with Plum and Pear Sauce

My sister and her hubby went to a fancy dinner a week or so back and she ordered Pork Tenderloin with a Plum and Pear cream sauce. It sounded SO good, I decided to try to make something like it myself. If you read this Elizabeth-does this look ANYTHING like it?!?!

Regardless-I thought it was delicious so I thought I would pass on the 'recipe'. Just to warn you-it isn't precise because I was experimenting. A little bit of this and a little bit of that. (You can see the 'dessert' in the background...some vanilla yogurt with a dollop of blueberry lime jam on top garnished with fresh mint. Don't garnishes make something as PLAIN as yogurt look so elegant?!?!)


Pork with Plum and Pear Sauce

Brown pork in skillet with a bit of oil on high heat. After browned, turn heat to medium low on stove. Add some white wine to the skillet (I would say I added a about 3/4 cup.) Add a few shakes of ground ginger and a few freshly crunched black peppercorns. Simmer while pork finishes cooking through. Add cut up pears and plum-however many you would like. I think I used four plums and three pears. Take pork out of the skillet and keep warm. Add to the skillet a bit of sugar and let boil a bit. You can stop here and enjoy the syrup OR you can add a bit of cornstarch (mixed with water for a smooth consistency) to the skillet to REALLY thicken things up. The ladle the fruit and syrup over the pork And WOILA! Delicious fruited pork! Posted by Picasa

No comments: