What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread


3 cups all purpose flour
2 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
2 c. cooked or canned pumpkin
1- 1/4 c. veggie oil
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips

In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients. In another bowl~ beat 'wet' ingredients. Stir that into dry ingredients just until moistened then fold in chocolate chips. Pour into two greased 8x4x2 loaf pans . Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Makes 2 loaves

Tidbit #1~ I just realized when writing this recipe out, that I accidently omitted the oil in this batch. It is still delicious and now is a bit better for us. See-it is HARD to mess this up!

Tidbit #2~ This recipe makes two loaves but of course, you can also make muffins (which Matt likes) or any combination there in.

Tidbit #3~ This is DELICIOUS DELICIOUS DELICIOUS served with cinnamon honey butter. To make that-DO NOT BUY THE CONTAINER AT THE STORE! Instead take a stick of softened butter (or you can use marg. if you prefer) and add to it honey and cinnamon to taste.) I didn't measure but to guesstimate, for one stick of butter I used between 1/8 and 1/4 c. honey and probably 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. If you use real butter, you will probably have to use a mixer whereas with marg. a spoon should mix it well.

 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh MY that looks good!!!
I think I might have to make some of this for this coming weekend hunting expedition :) I think muffins will work out great for hungry hunters don't you??

Rebecca said...

It sure would! Just cause they are muffins-don't forget the honey butter! That makes them out of this world.

Poor Matt won't get to hunt this year. I think this is the first year he won't.

Kelli said...

ooh...yum!! I love the drizzled icing on top, what a pretty touch.
Kelli

Carmichael Family said...

That looks so yummy!!! I think I'll make some out of the extra pumpkins we bought to decorate with!

smilnsigh said...

"Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread"

Oh sighhhhhhhhhhhhh... So deeeelicious sounding!

I made a Pumpkin Bread, the other day. With which I wasn't too thrilled. But I'm _sure_ I'd be _thrilled_, with this one.