What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Overabundance



I am thankful for:

~The hums and tinks of a dishwasher
~The snuggling close to get a better view at storytime
~The love of an honorable man
~The adoration of brother for sister
~A pantryful of garden
~A bonafide craft room (with a door!)
~Three sets of dark chocolate eyes to peer into everyday
~Incessant giggles and squeals of delight
~Baby hiccups
~Arms holding me every night
~bed quilts to keep us toasty
~plentiful and abundant food
~my beautiful feminine painting! :-)
~Promises kept
~firm foundations
~The changes this new year will bring
~my camera!!!!
~giving and generous people-you know who you are!

and silly as it may sound:

~this blog. That I might be able to keep in contact, even in a small way, with each one of you, my dear friends.

Might you spend today realizing the many blessings in your life and thanking the most gracious Giver of gifts.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I thought of you last night as I turned the dishwasher on and was thankful. Thanks for making me think of something I might not have otherwise. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

smilnsigh said...

A precious list of what you're Thankful for.

And I don't think it silly at all, to be thankful for our blogs. They do hold a special place in our lives. :-)