What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


After an exhausting week of morning bedtimes, the craft show and all that it entails has come and gone. I must say, it was the BEST show I have ever done. I had made well over $100.00 even before the first hour was up!!! As is the nature of craft shows-I am wondering if I priced things too low and I could have made more money. But if I hadn't sold anything, the questions of overpricing would have been floating about my head. I am so pleased though. SO pleased.

I meant to take a picture of my space before anything sold but that was impossible because people started crowding around and plucking off their purchases before the show had even officially started. Though it LOOKS full, I had already sold a LOT of stuff...including a pretty mantel garland, a vase arrangement, slates, ornaments, a bunting, and two wreaths. It was an all around good day and I made so much profit-that I was able to purchase us a second vehicle. Finally.

$300.00 that disappeared for a truck-but what a GREAT, WONDERFUL, FANTASTIC use of my money. I can FINALLY have a car at my disposal. Besides a truck might be coming in handy pretty soon. More on that another day.

How's THAT for a clincher? ;-) Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh come on...that's not very nice...leaving us hanging wondering what a truck might come in handy for. I hope it's not anything involving you moving! I'll look forward to hearing more. ~Jen

Anonymous said...

Is it an SUV that holds 3 car seats? Let us all know why you needed this truck. :-)

Anonymous said...

Not fair ... you can't leave us in suspense like this over the ENTIRE weekend - LOL! Your booth looks beautiful ... GREAT JOB!

Kelli said...

Your craft table looks absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on a successful craft show!
Kelli

Full of Grace said...

Well Rebecca,
I have to say a big CONGRATULATIONS on the success of your craft show! Either I am poor luck for you, or I should come out to your neck of the woods for a craft show or two! I truly could not believe my eyes when you wrote you made 300.00!!! Unbelievable!

Congrats on getting that 2nd vehicle too! That will give you so much more freedom :)

Cheers to a job well done!

Full of Grace said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the success of your craft show!!! Either I am bad luck for you, I stink at crafts, or I just should come out to your neck of the woods to do a craft show with you. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read you made 300.00!! All I can say is WOW!

Congrats on the new truck too! It will be so nice for you to regain some freedom that you lost when you became a one car family with no company car!

What a wonderful weekend :)

Full of Grace said...

sorry about the multiple comments- the first didn't go through, I did a second, and then both showed up, how strange! Just call it double congrats :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Do you still sell your buntings on Ebay? I have a 7 month old... are they big enough for her?

Christine said...

Congratulations, Rebecca! You are such an exquisite crafter. I am so happy for your to have a set of wheels of your own. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your craft show!!
Hmmm truck...are you moving? Getting a wood stove and halling fire wood? Or does it seat extra little ones :-D

smilnsigh said...

I'm so happy for you!!!

Abigail said...

Hurrah! Well done, Rebecca. Everything looks lovely, and you must be plump with satisfaction right now. (I know I would be...)

I got your email, and WOW!!!!!!!!! (Yes, it did indeed warrant all caps and extra exclamation marks.)

Thanks for responding to my lame few sentences. I am glad and can't wait for your next posts...

Make them newsy!

Anonymous said...

Im confused! 300 dollars got u a truck? LOL!?

Mandie said...

Congratulations! $300 can buy you a truck?! The price may may warrant us driving to Pa to visit you and your car lot!

Carmichael Family said...

Sounds like a great craft show...I love the pictures, and wish I could have been there to see it for myself. And that's great that you have another vehicle now!