I realized tonight, I had missed out on recording some fun things that happened lately. Consider this a Catch-Up post. Catching up... with lots of jibber jabber mixed in.
- We have weekly library trips. Usually Mondays. Sometimes, Thursdays. And sometimes, when we are feeling REALLY crazy (or if some requests have arrived) we will pop in more than once. But we haven't gone in two weeks and I returned all of our books except four that last trip. Our USUAL running tally of borrowed books totters around the 30's. (Our librarians threw the loan limits out the window with us, nice gals they are.) Needless to say, our library basket stared back at us forlorn and sad until I couldn't take it anymore. We went today. We now have 39 borrowed books to hold us over. Until next week.
- Adele fell face first out of her boosterseat onto the hardwood floor two days ago and now sports a lovely blue/purple gooseegg on her swollen forehead. I can only imagine the tongues wagging if I were to post photos of the dear in her present state, right on the heels of those discipline posts! YIKES!
- My first flower present of the year and, though I don't know what it is, it beats the pants off of a dandelion! Corynn said she found it "in the woods". You'll see more of this beauty another day.
- The following conversation REALLY happened.
ANDREW: "Mama?" "How do words get in your belly?"or more accurately, "How words get in your beyyey?"
MAMA (utterly confused): "WHAT?!?"
ANDREW: "How words get in me beyyey so me can spit dem back up?"
- So did this one:
- Corynn asked me to take a picture of her hands folded in front of her one day. So I did. (I never ask questions.)
- Several weeks ago, Corynn and Grandma hosted a "tea party". Of course, since we are the only ones bearing babies (on purpose) on that side of the family, the official guests were all adult. But Corynn got to wear a fancy dress, a shawl and a pin and got to eat tea cakes to her hearts content. Nothing could have pleased her more.
- Have you ever had a cow eat laundry off your line? I have. It isn't pleasant. Especially since it was half the load. Most especially because of the regurgitated "cud" he rather meticulously worked into the fabric. Yes. I was pleased. SO very, very pleased.
- Speaking of mischevious animals-what about chickens inside your house?! Don't ask.
- The weather was nice. We ate lunch outside. Miss Adele' got swallowed by a chair. (But seemed to enjoy it.)
- On Saturday night, Matt surprised me by calling his parents very spontaneously and asking them to watch the children so we could go out together before THIS week. They did (!!) and we went. It was incredibly special to me for him to do that. Unfortunately, this wife of a farmboy is allergic to cows (which isn't too bad if I wash up immediately after direct contact (that would be chores)) and we drove in his work vehicle which, incidentally, is laden with cow dander and farm smells. I was a dripping, sopping, sneezing dope all through dinner. I drenched three hankies and could barely keep my eyes open when we got home. Such an attractive presentation, no? I am really elegant that way.
- Many weeks ago, before the weather was nice enough to turn the cows out to pasture, Matt left me a wee little lovey note. I don't have to go to the barn for chores anymore, but sometimes I do anyway.
- It is now 1:43 am. I just finished hemming up some curtains and now sit, eyes bloodshot and neck stiff at the computer blogging. I bet you can guess how much I enjoy going to bed when Matt is gone.