What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, April 30, 2010

Foto Friday: Signs

We had to scout out signs last week for the photo challenge.

Here are my contributions:




I was so busy looking at the SIGNS, I wasn't paying attention to the many crazy faces Corynn was making. She even had one that looked as though she were puking everywhere. I didn't post that. (You're welcome.)




These were all taken at an antique store in this little teeny tiny town. Turns out, it is the oldest commercial building in the area and served as a Mercantile even into the 1700's, from what the owner said. Lots of character.


I liked the sign on the porch, too.



And from our barn: apparently, we are American Agriculturists! :-)





Other signs:

In order to participate in these Foto Friday challenges, you must take a photo (or several) pertaining to the challenge WITHIN the challenge week and post it/them to your blog. When you do, please link back to this blog {you may use the button if you like} so that perhaps we can get lots of participants! (Because, you know, the more the merrier!) Then simply link to your Foto Friday post with Mr. McLinky here so that we all can visit you and compare notes...


For those of you new to this blog (or to Foto Friday's in general), each Friday we get a new photo challenge to work on for the week and we post our photos the next Friday and link back up here. Whatever your skill level, the goal is to get behind your camera and to begin, as you practice, to view subjects in a different light. To extend yourself and your concepts and ideas. To create ART instead of just snapping a picture. And to do it all while having FUN.
Next week's challenge is..... STILL LIFE.

If you are unsure about what STILL LIFE photography is, read this.

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

(I've got half a mind to go delete my post now.)

These are AWSOME! Until you pointed it out, I didn't even notice Corynn's faces, the little imp.

Love. em, love eem all!

Nanci said...

Rebecca,

As always, your pictures are wonderful! You found a great spot for signs.

Now, totally off the subject. (How typical of me!) I LOVE Corryn's skirt. Did you make it?

Rebecca said...

no-she just received it in a bag from a lady at church and had to immediately put it on! ;-)

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

You found some great signs. I like the many faces of Corryn. ;) She's a beautiful little model.

The history of the old store makes the pictures even better. :)

Michelle said...

That little store was one of the main reasons why I'd ask Dave to drive home that way from church. :) I love those signs!

Your Fellow Sister said...

I absolutely love the last picture!! I like the 3rd and 5th one as well.

Your Fellow Sister said...

...and the 2nd to last

alane said...

I love all the "old-fashioned" signs you found, Rebecca. Very cool!

alane said...

P.S. I'm glad you gave that link defining "Still Life"...I honestly thought it meant I had to find something alive and make it freeze long enough to appear "still" in the picture, lol.