What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, April 09, 2010

A favor


Yesterday I found out that a wonderfully loving family is mourning the loss of their baby, Smooches own wombmate, at almost 19 weeks.

The poor Mama lost another, a dear girl, in a similarly tragic way not so very long ago and was broken then, for ever so long. It took her a while to truly HOPE again, and now this has happened.

She needs our prayers, she needs to know she is loved.

If you would be so kind, please hop over to her blog today and leave her a comment. I know you don't know her. I know it is "uncomfortable". But don't worry about "saying the right thing" or "not knowing what to say". You need only say that you care, that you are sorry and that you will pray. And then DO. Please pray for them.

I want so badly to take away her despair, her pain and to give her back, tenfold, the hope and comfort and love that she feels like she has lost. I want her to be wrapped in love and feeling not alone. But I can't do these things. I am but a person. My hope, though, is that if we ALL take a small moment of our day to tell her that we care and direct her to the AUTHOR of HOPE, perhaps that family will feel blanketed in love and bathed in comfort.

Even the silliest of mediums, blog comments, and just a moment of your time can do powerful things.

Here is her blog.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

How awful. Thanks for passing this along Rebecca.

Miranda Hupp said...

What a sad thing to have to bear. I will go over to her blog now. Thanks for letting us know.

Mrs. MK said...

Thank you, dear Rebecca! Your compassion and sympathy are truly felt, and I am so very thankful for all the loving comments I have received.

Thank you!

Katie