What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Do you like my hat?!?!


Yesterday, while perusing the local Salvation Army (yes, I am a proud thrift store shopper!) I found this hat. Now, I am not TYPICALLY a hat person. Well, not on the outside anyway. I LOVE hates and love the idea of hats and love to idealize the beautiful hats in the days of old-but Matt doesn't generally like them on me and I hardly ever look decent in them so I rarely wear them. LOOOOOOOOONNNGGG story short-I found this hat and fell in love with it. So I got it. It is collapsable but has a metal ring on the outside so the brim stays nice. I love it.

I made this picture into black and white because I hate my skin tone-it is always so red. Anyway-the hat is beige with a burgendy flower. Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Els said...

Rebecca, I LOVE your hat, it defenitely suits you!!
I've got several hats, but never find an occasion to wear them.
Years ago, my mum and I would wear a hat to church, get lots of compliments, but no-one foolowed our exemple.
Your lovely picture made my day !!
(it's wet here...)

Michelle said...

That is a really cute hat!

I know what you mean, inside I am a hat person and dream of wearing really fun ones, but I always think I look like a dork in anything but a baseball cap. Even that is stretching it! hehe

Wendy said...

I like your hat too, and think that it makes your eyes really pop! That style of hat really suits you. I have never really tried on many hats, though I like the older style as well, the only hat I own is a base ball cap...worn proudly :)

Magistra Mommy said...

Rebecca,
Love, love, love the hat! It looks as if it were just MADE for you. :o)

Congrats on such a wonderful thrift store find!

In His joy,
Mrs. Wilt

Kelli said...

Hi Rebecca,
I found your blog from Mrs. Wilt's.
I think your hat is so cute and it looks great on you!
Kelli

Rebecca said...

Els~Well, if EVERYONE wore them, then it wouldn't be as special, right?

Michelle and Wendy~You are one up on me...Matt thinks I look like a trucker when I wear a ballcap! hehehe
Wendy~Is eye-poppage a GOOD thing?!?!

Mrs. Wilt~ Thanks so much! I will definately be more apt to try hats on in the future now that I know that SOMETIMES they can be flattering on me!

Kelli~Thanks so much for stopping by and for such kind words. I do hope you come again!

smilnsigh said...

"Do you like my hat?!?!"

Yes, I love your hat!!!!

Els... I'm old enough to remember when _every_ woman wore a hat to church. And I remember the fun of getting a new one, for Easter of course. But for Christmas too.