What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Chocolate Banana Bread/Muffins

My niece and I made this last year and apparently, it has stuck with her so much so that she asked for the recipe so that it could be her BIRTHDAY CAKE for this year! I figured I might as well post it here for EVERYONE to enjoy so...This is for you, Samantha! Have a happy birthday Miss Teeny Bopper!

1/2 c. butter or marg. (softened)
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large)
3 t. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
3 t. baking soda
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 c. chocolate chips (plus additional if desired)

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, bananas and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups half full or spread in a greased and floured 13x9 in. pan. Bake at 350 for 15-20 mins for muffins and 25-30 mins. for pan-OR until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes.

I also like to melt chocolate chips and a bit of shortening together-then put in a plastic bag. Cut a tip off of one of the corners and drizzle with chocolate.

Delicious!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

They certainly are! Cinnamon sounds like a nice touch!

I told my sister for a birthday cake I would probably double the recipe and add a cream cheese frosting between layers. Lots of variation, I guess!