What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Fitting it all in...

I am happy to report that I am now finished packing the clothes for our trip. I had to do it early since the fact that we are unable to use our dryer means there are no last minute washes, so what I want us to wear on our trip must be set aside. (How is THAT for a run-on sentence?!?!) Sometimes I think I packed more than enough-other times I wonder how prepared I am going to be. I know one thing though-a family of four needs to have more than a carry on suitcase! Sheesh! That is just pathetic. WE are just pathetic!

Today was Women's Bible Study and how wonderful a time I had. *Sigh* Being around women who have the answers to everything and are able to express those things in a way that is both caring and clear, well, it just makes me sad some times. I truly appreciate it. So much. I just wonder if I will EVER be able to do so. Will I EVER be wise enough to mentor or to lead women closer to God? I mean, I struggle with teaching my THREE year old at times! Of course, aspirations lead to motivation. And motivation to be a more godly woman is a good thing. I just pray I don't let the Lord down.

With Women's group this morning and crochet night tonight, I have only a few hours in between-which will be spent (cough cough...blogging!) cleaning up the house, and preparing some snackies for Nancy when she comes.

TOMORROW I declare Newman National Apple Day. I hope to get those apples done tomorrow. A lady I know let me borrow this funky apple contraption that magically makes applesauce with the ease of a three year old and the speed of an Arabian steed. Hopefully that is true because I have nearly 4 bushels of apples and quite a few tomatoes that are revolting against me for taking so much time turning them into salsa. I am afraid that those Newman Family Scarecrows are going to be put on hold this year-until NEXT year. With being away for a week and all these added chores, I don't think it is worth the time. Oh well-maybe we will add another scarecrow to the mix next year...

5 comments:

Abigail said...

Crabapple jelly is no doubt boiling over onto the stove as I type, so I'll be quick. (No need to wonder why my stove looks like it's survived all manner of explosions...)

Just wanted to let you know that I responded in your last post and welcomed company, plus I need to tell you that our fridge-- just today!-- was whining about not having a Newman picture on it.

"Oh well-maybe we will add another scarecrow to the mix next year." You and your subtle pregnancy announcements...

Kelli said...

"funky apple contraption that magically makes applesauce with the ease of a three year old and the speed of an Arabian steed"

That's funny!!! I hope it's true because you have *alot* of apples! I'm wondering if your contraption is similiar to the one sitting out in my garage. I made applesauce with it a long time ago. I remember cutting apples in quarters, throwing them all in a pot and cooking them until soft. Then attaching the contraption to my kitchen counter and putting the cooked apples through it. The best part was that it separarted the skin, seeds and core from the good apple part!! Good luck tomorrow!

Kelli

Els said...

More apple sauce... are you sure you can eat your way through all those jars of pickle jams and what ever??
Your packing will be fine. Whatever you pack, you will always miss something and have far too much of something else. Even we have that 'problem' and we have done some travelling the last five years!!Just don't worry but ENJOY!!
I'm sorry I can't make it to the Iron Kettle Farm this year...will think of you though. Hope you have a wonderfull week, basking in the company of family! (I've just sent opa en oma a card, we really enjoyed meeting them this summer!)

Rebecca said...

Well gracious Abby Fair, I am SO excited that you were willing to host and I SO look forward to visiting.

For the family picture...hmmm. We'll see about that. Maybe a better impromtu camera snapping would produce better results...

As for the scarecrows...oops. I assure you, no subtleties meant. If there is a mini Newman within, he is as much a surprise to me as to the world. But-you never know. :-)

Kelli~ That sounds JUST like it! I HOPE it works! I am a bit nervous about it...

Els~I know I know. I have no room for applesauce but applesauce is what we go through MOST at our house during the winter months-I like to have fruit at every dinner and in the winter, fresh just isn't possible. Now-when I get to the pumpkin stuff-then you will see I am just unable to stop. I will say though, that I give quite a few jars away as gifts throughout the year so it is alright.

Sorry you can't be coming to Iron Kettle Farm but I won't be greedy. It really would be a DAY trip though! :-)

Rebecca said...

Oh yeah-ABBY-

I will talk to my sister to see what time is best for her but really it is all about what time is good for YOU and the other ladies. I am at your disposal! :-) I will ask my sister today and get back with you soon...