What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Exceptions

We got here and ever since it has been a flurry of activity. I am struggling to find the balance that is so needed. Being on vacation calls for some leniency of rules, but with such an extended visit, it is also important that our house rules are MAINTAINED. Now I am trying to find the compromise between bedtimes, tv time, meal time, and EVERYTHING else. Day 3 and I am wondering if I am a sinking ship.

Well, we went to Iron Kettle Farm and met some church friends there. I LOVE that place and would SERIOUSLY consider starting up my own version. I could totally see myself doing that. Of course, I could see myself doing SO much! Pictures to follow.

I am going to try to post pictures frequently so that Matt remembers what his family looks like. But despite that, I won't have LOTS of time to post. SO-bear with me!

And now, at the start of this blog, one of my conditions was that I would never communicate with Matt through this blog. Well, this is an exception...an extenuating circumstance. (BTW~I KNOW I spelled extenuating wrong...) So-here goes...

~Mattie Love Note~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am wondering how I am going to make it an entire week when it is just two days after our tearful goodbye. (Have you dried off yet?) I am excited for tomorrow though. I have a surprise in store....

I love you so much Mattie. I wish you could know how lost I am without you.

No comments: