What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Boring to Most


Today's pictures are taken from Christmas Eve morning at Gary and Linda's house. I was gifted the rare opportunity to get out alone since both children were being preoccupied. I was so thankful because there was a gorgeous fog weighing down upon the earth and I wanted to try and capture it on film. So I headed out, camera in hand, to walk in the heavy air and see glory in the beauty of the scene. As I headed back home, the sun began to shine-so I got out just in the nick of time. The following entourage of photos might be boring to most, but I really enjoy the occasional photograph uncluttered with human faces. Hard to believe these scenes were at the end of December! Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You def. have a gift for photography I think. We just got a new camera and I am trying to figure it out with the settings, etc... It seems fairly easy but I noticed on my Christmas Eve pics that they were kind of dark. So I guess I need to spend some time playing around with it till I learn how to use it better. I wish I was blessed with your eye for getting a good shot! Hope you had a good day. I put some pics up on my xanga along with a LONG.......post and I have tons more pics to share this week. It's one of my goals for the new year...take more pics...guess that will give me the practice I need huh? ~Jen

Anonymous said...

From what I've seen on your blog, I don't think any of your photos would be boring to me. :-) My 19 yo dd loves the fog and she enjoyed seeing the photos too.
So, keep 'em coming.
~~Anne
PS What kind of camera are you using?

Abigail said...

I just played a big game of catch-up on your blog. I've read it all, but when all my comments started sounding exactly the same as one another, I decided this'd better be my last....

Boring, nah. Bring on the pics. :)

Beemoosie said...

Rebecca,
I Love your pictures! I hope all your little ones are healthy again!

Rebecca said...

Don't you people know it is a DANGEROUS thing to encourage the obsessed?!?!? :-)

You asked for it!

Rebecca said...

Oh yeah-Anne...I almost forgot!

I have just a wee little Nikon Coolpix 5600 handheld. It was gifted to us by the most generous lady ever, when we moved here and ever since, I have been snapping away.

I utilize it to its fullest, but my dream is to get a canon rebel digital with some different lenses so I can REALLY get good.

Someday maybe-but until then, I am just so THANKFUL for this little guy!