What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Lil Tree Creation


In the quiet of the evening, after the kids went to bed but before Matt came home, I found my fingers itching to pick up a needle. But I knew I only had about an hour or so and I wanted whatever project I started to be DONE...so I made this up in my head. A cute little funky yet elegant Christmas tree. It was simple to make, and fun. And it was the first thing Corynn noticed this morning. Even being displayed in a not-so-obvious spot. That girl has hunter's eyes!

To make one, cut a three inch wide strip of fabric and make a running (or gathering) stitch with right sides out. (The LENGTH of the fabric will determine the size of the tree) When fully stitched, gather by pulling the end threads. Wrap around a cone shape and hot glue ends. I hot-glued lots of white and cream buttons to a glass votive holder, flipped in upside down and attached the tree to the votive holder with a cinnamon stick trunk. I didn't have any star-shaped buttons that were nice so instead I just hot-glued three buttons together.

Cute, cute, cute! And just enough project to get my fingers feeling good again!
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Your little Christmas tree is adorable!!!
Kelli

Rebecca said...

Thanks Kelli! It is unusual-but as with anything handmade, I am proud of it.